LOVE YOURSELF TO LOSE IT
UX Business Strategy
Kyle Latham had a weight loss transformation losing over 200 lbs. During his two year weight loss journey, he shared his high and low points of his transformation on Instagram gaining over 14,000 followers.
Kyle struggled with content structure, understanding, and recapitulating all aspects that made up his journey.
He needs a way to share his remarkable story that:
- Speaks to his follower base
- Builds future content during muscle development
- Gains sponsorships
I developed a weight loss journey map into seven key stages by:
- Researching existing content
- Conducted market research on weight loss
- Card sorting
His emotional and low times put into perspective the greater picture of what could really speak to his followers through vulnerability.
Followers were designated into the following tiers:
- Inspired- someone who want to change
- Encouraged- someone in the middle of weight loss
- Motivated- someone who relapsed
- Supported- someone who wants to maintain weight loss
Survey questions were developed with the key persona archetypes in mind.
Getting feedback from followers will provide insights on what content effectively works and what needs to be changed. It will help Kyle and I validate the content that is being built around the personas.
Using a card sorting method, I helped structure the website content into what would be most beneficial for his brand for advertisement, V-log, and future content. Once a backlog of content is completed, I strategized future business content that would speak to each persona and grow his follower base.
SHARING THE JOURNEY
Kyle’s story was broken down into digestible content and designed for users to read about his:
- Background on early childhood
- His injury
- His lowest point
- Decision to change
- Research and understanding
- Small changes
- Big change
Building a Community for Followers
- Survey followers based on persona archetypes
- Create content based on survey results
- Implement phase 2 of website to host new content
- Refine Voice
- Develop consistent content and graphics
Expand Social Marketing
- Implement content ideation
- Organize Posting Calendar